Sharif University of Technology
Blind Source Separation (BSS) and Sparse Signal Processing
- 95/04/01: Modified Final Grades of the course.
- 95/03/30: Final Grades of the course.
- 95/3/18: A guide for the 5th homework (BP) was put in the Homeworks page.
- 95/03/14: Time and Location of the FINAL exam: Taalaar 3 (at 9am, on this Sunday: 16 Khordad 1395).
- 95/2/19: The problem of the 4th homework set was announced (see the Homeworks page).
- 95/1/31: The problems of the 3rd homework set were announced (see the Homeworks page).
- Time and Location of the MidTerm exam: Wednesday, 1 Ordibehesth 1395, From 13:30 to 16:30, in Alef-25.
- 94/12/25: The problems of the 2nd homework set were announced (see the Homeworks page).
- 94/12/19: Time and location of the make up class: Thursday 94/12/20, at 13:30, in 317 (new building).
- 94/12/12: The problems of the 1st homework set were announced (see the Homeworks page).
- Final exam: Thursday 95/3/13 at 9am (exact location will be announced).
Resources for the course
Slides of the first 3 sessions (review sessions)
Course materials on "probabilty and statistics" and "Higher Order Statistics (HOS)"
Course materials on BSS
Equivariancy: Cardoso and Laheld, "Equivariant Adaptive Source Separation", IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, 1996 (Scanned version with my notes on it).
Entropy Optimization paper: Taleb and Jutten, "Source Separation based on Entropy optimization" (pdf).
Lacoume paper: using forth order cumulant (pdf).
Cardoso's review paper: "Blind Signal Separation: Statistical Principles", Proceedings of IEEE, Vol. 9, No. 10, pp. 2009-2025, 1998 (pdf with my notes on it).
Course Materials on Sparse