Course Info & Contacts:
- 25-871 Linear Algebra
- Credits: 3
- Level: Undergraduate, 300
- Prerequisite: 22-016 General Mathematics 2 (aka Calculus 2)
- Teaching Assistants:
- Sepehr Seifi
- Email: sepehr1899gmail.com
- Alborz Alavian
- Hosein Mirghasemi
- Homework Design & Marking:
- Marjan ShafieeRad
- Shima sadat Mousavi
- Mohammad Farzad Pourbabaee
- Ali Siahkoohi
- Mohammad Hussein Rafiei Sakhaei
- Hours & Locations:
- Lectures: Sun. & Tue., 12:00 -- 13:30
- Classroom 4, EE Dept. new building (Group 1)
- Classroom 3, EE Dept. old building (Group 2)
- Sun., 13:30 -- 15:00, Classroom 9, EE Dept. new building
- Wed., 10:00 -- 12:00, Classroom 7, EE Dept. new building
This course, which is intended for the undergraduate students of Electrical Engineering, will discuss a basic subject on matrix theory and linear algebra. Emphasis is given to topics that will be useful in other disciplines, including systems of equations, vector spaces and subspaces, linear transformations, determinants, eigenvalues and eigenvectors, similarity transformations, positive definite matrices, Jordan-form, and the applications of linear algebra in Linear Systems. All undergraduate students in Electrical Engineering are strongly recommended to take this course, in particular, students from Control and Communications groups. The topics to be covered are:
- Linear Equations
- Rectangular Systems and Echelon Forms
- Matrix Algebra
- Vector Spaces
- Norms, Inner Products, and Orthogonality
- Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors
Meyer, C. D. Matrix Analysis and Applied Linear Algebra, SIAM, Philadelphia, PA, USA, 2000.
- Strang, G. Linear Algebra and Its Applications, 4th ed., Thomson Brooks/Cole, Belmont, CA, USA, 2006.
- Hoffman, K., Kunze, R. Linear Algebra, 2nd ed., Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1971.
- Apostol, T. M. Linear Algebra: A First Course, with Applications to Differential Equations, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1997.
- Assignments: 2/20 -- 2.75/20
- The extra 0.75/20 is considered only for the students who type their assignments using LaTeX (Not MSO-Word, LyX, etc).
- Midterm Exam: 8/20 (Scheduled on Ordibehesht 8, 1390)
- Final Exam: 10/20 (As scheduled in edu)