Sharif University of Technology
School of Electrical Engineering
Medical Images Analysis and Processing (MIAP)
Title: Medical Image Analysis and Processing (25-642)
Location: EE New Building, Class Room
Lectures: Sunday and Tuesday (10:30-12:00)
Prerequisites: Medical Imaging and
Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Final :40%
- Homework: 20%
- Research Project: 20%
- Brief Project Presentation: 5%
- Medical Software: 15%
- Introduction to Digital Image
- Noise Reduction/Removal and Enhancement;
- Segmentation Methods (Supervised and Unsupervised);
- Certain Structure Extraction from Medical Images;
- Registration, Warping and their applications;
- Abnormality (Tumors) Detection Methods ;
- Multimodality Imaging and Special Processing;
- Automatic Landmark Extraction;
- Three Dimensional Imaging and Processing.
T. S. Yoo, "Insight into Images: Principles and Practice for Segmentation,
Registration, and Image Analysis," 2004, AK Peters.
L. Costaridou, "Medical Image Analysis Methods," 2005, CRC Press.
J. Hanjal, D. Hawkes, and D. Hill, “Medical Image
Registration,” 2001, CRC Press.
- Hong Yan, “Signal
Processing for Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Spectroscopy”, Marcel Dekker (February 1, 2002).
Processing Techniques for Tumor Detection”,
Marcel Dekker (February 1, 2002).
M. Sonka and J.M. Fitzpatrick (Eds.), "Handbook
of Medical Imaging (Vol.2): Medical Image Processing and Analysis", SPIE
I.N. Bankman (Ed.), "Handbook of Medical Imaging:
Processing and Analysis", Academic Press 2000.
Top survey papers:
- D. L. Pham, C. Xu, and J. L. Prince, “A Survey of current methods in
medical image segmentation”
L. Bookstein, "Principal Warps: Thin-Plate Splines and the Decomposition
of Deformations", IEEE trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine
Intelligence, Vol. 11, No. 6, 1989.
- L. G. Brown, A survey of image registration techniques, ACM Press, 1992.
J. B. Maintz and M. A.
Viergever “A survey of medical image registration,” Med. Img. Anal.,
- T. Makela and etc., “A Review of Cardiac Image Registration Methods,”
IEEE Trans. Med. Imag., 2002.
- Dr. Hamid Soltanian-Zadeh Papers (Segmentation/Registration)
- E. Fatemizadeh Papers (Registration)
All material of this
homepage are free to use for academic only purpose. Last updates: